| || |
- Loyal Orange Lodge #69, Mansfield, ON, 1888
Early records indicate that the Mansfield area was originally covered by heavy bush. The clearing of land was slow and difficult work for early settlers such as James Simpson, William Cathcart, William Healey, and William Mann. Most had received crown land grants in exchange for military service. For many years, the Mann family, after whom the area was named, owned most of the land in the area. Mansfield, the small village situated along the 7th Concession in the middle of the township, once boasted its own post office, school, church (Mansfield Methodist) and Orange Lodge (Loyal Orange Lodge #69). This was another community that fell victim to the improvements in transportation.
- albums: 2